Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tool # 8

It's so exciting learning about the new technology. I have never used the Dell notebooks but I have seen the kids use them in the library. I do know that the kids are able to move around with them because they are wireless. I will have to experiment whether to have a netbook station or just let the kids find a quiet place to use the notebooks with or without friends.
I already have 2 itouches that I piloted last year.  It was the best center I have ever had.  The kids who used them learned on their own how to use the apps (all educational) and how to record video and take pictures!!  I loved it, and I love that I will have 4 now so that more kids will be able to be at this center.  The only management problem I have encountered is having a fair way for each child to have a chance to use  technology
I usually keep a weekly calendar on my desk so that I can make sure everyone gets a turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment